For those who have been living under a rock for the past couple of years, public speaking is a social fear that almost everyone in the world has. Public speaking comes in many different flavors, from the work presentation to the awkward family dinner toast. Yet, no matter what type of public speaking it is-everyone has a fear of being judged and criticized by others when they’re up on stage or in front of a crowd.
To help you get through your fear of public speaking here are some funny quotes that might make this less intimidating for you!
So I want to be a politician because…
1. “If voting changed anything, they’d make it illegal.” – Emma Goldman.
2. “I have opinions of my own — strong opinions — but I don’t always agree with them.” – George Bush.
3. “The truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley.
4. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde.
5. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on.” – Robert Frost.
6. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” – Dalai Lama.
7. “I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.” – Jorge Luis Borges
8. “People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Henry David Thoreau
10. “Until you spread your wings, you’ll have no idea how far you can walk.” – Maya Angelou
11 .”Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
12. “The heart should be so located in our bodies that when it ceases to beat, life ceases.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
13. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
14. “Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either” ― Albert Einstein
15. “It’s not about being the best talker, it’s about being the best listener.” – Meryl Streep
16. “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t being said” – Peter F. Drucker
17. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” – Eleanor Roosevelt
18. “Don’t get stressed by the failures of the past, otherwise, you won’t be able to enjoy the successes of the future.” – Unknown
19. “I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish He didn’t trust me so much.” – Mother Teresa
20. “A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd” ― Max Lucado
21. “You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying to the best of your ability.” – Jesse Jackson
22. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone” – Neale Donald Walsch
23. “An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
24. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm” – Winston Churchill
25. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure” – Paulo Coelho
26. “You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.” – Edwin Louis Cole
27. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination” – Jimmy Dean
28. “It is never too late to be what you might have been” – George Eliot
29. “The anger of a great man is not a problem; it is the frustration that incites one to become one” – Mamishu
30. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door” – Milton Berle